Thursday, May 14, 2009

Early Research

Here is Brian Ladd speaking at MIT as part of a series hosted by the Department of Urban Studies and Planning about rebuilding New York after September 11th, "The Resilient City: Trauma, Recovery, and Remembrance." Ladd's lecture is titled "Double Restoration: Berlin after 1945." This video is compliments of Lauren. I just watched it and thought I'd add it to my blog as well. This video is compliments of Lauren. I just watched it and thought I'd add it to my blog as well.

Some of the most interesting points I would like to research further:
  • Architectural impovershment in recent years - architects don't know how to go forward so they end up going backwards
  • Selective remembering and forgetting inherent in any reconstruction of a city
  • Historical views of supporters and critics of what Ladd calls Critical Reconstruction

No comments:

Post a Comment